Monday, 27 September 2010

Spring is here!

Not a bad macro shot for a camera phone, kan? 
Alhamdulillah the past 2 days have been awesome. Weather has been FANTASTIC. Sunny blue skies with cool breezes. First time in months that we could just wear one layer of clothing.

Spring just makes you WANT to clean things up.

Layth helped me wash the car yesterday. The car was very dirty and messy inside because of all our commuting back and forth to Warragul. The trip to the safari didn't help either. Plus there's even some of Layth's stale fries on the floor of the back seats. Yuck.

Here we have to go to a car wash centre to wash our own car (can't wash at home). Anyway, the person at the car wash was impressed with Layth helping me wash the car. Hehehe. Layth really helped...he tried to wash using the foam brush (said "Unnghhh Beratlah!"). And I brought him an extra rag to wipe the car afterwards. He helped me clean out the rubbish (passed him the rubbish and he threw it into the can).

Hey, did you know that washing machines need to be washed once a month? Well, I sure didn't. I only found out because my clothes kept coming out of the wash with black flakes on them. I had to google it. "Black stuff in washing machine". Turns out it's soap scum...errr....so the washing machine needs to have a cycle (with no clothes in it) with vinegar and bicarbonate soda once a month to keep it clean. Okay, I learn something new every day.

Found a GREAT GP clinic nearby. Honestly...sangat best. Receptionists baik2, doctor baik...lots of family health services. Had a blood test for vitamin D, cholesterol etc2. I hope all the weight loss has improved it.

Spring is in the air. And I'm glad I don't have hayfever.

3 comments:

haundem said...

i face the same prob w my washing machine! thats for the info:)

welcome spring!:)

erika said...

ah, i'll try that tips for washing machine. do u use hot water or cold? sometimes i use the macine just to spin dry faisal clothes that i hand washed. then the pipe gave this awful smell. do you have any idea what it is?

zan said...

Good tips, shall try it t'row w vinegar...