I remember my first summer holiday in Melbourne. Both my housemates had gone back to Malaysia. It was just me alone in our apartment with only my friends Mun & Mar in the next building.
I spent every day eating rice with kicap and microwaved fish fingers. Fried fish fingers took up too much effort. So I settled with soggy fish fingers cooked in the microwave.
Never had such a life again… until now!
Travelling in between Warragul and home is taking its toll. I can't be bothered to cook. When I'm at home, the fridge is empty because we had brought everything to Warragul. I can't be bothered to go grocery shopping EVERY time we go back home. Especially since I'm only home for 1 or 2 days then it's back to Warragul again. I prefer to spend time at home; sleeping or finishing up errands especially those that can't be done without fast internet.
Lots of buying out and buying instant meals. Only I've upgraded a bit since microwaved fish fingers. Like now; I'm alone in Warragul. So I stocked the pantry with a few things.
1. Microwaved macaroni and cheese x4 packs
2. Microwaved rice + indian lauk (instant tau! and halal too)- just pop in microwave and dapat rice and butter chicken/kurma/sweet sour chicken/chicken curry
3. Instant chicken kiev and foil container full of cut up veggies ready to be roasted- to pop in oven for 40 minute and dinner ready!
4. Microwaved alfredo pasta and sauce
That's 10 meals altogether. Enough for 5 days with Frosties for breakfast.
I hope I don't get used to this kind of life.
3 comments:
Tak mahal ke benda makanan microwave tu?
Duh, being a working mother, konon je nak home cooked meals all the time. But seriously, you'll buy lauk pauk lebih banyak dari masak sendiri, keh keh
Never ever before a description of instant meals make me hungry until today.
kak aini- kalau beli utk sorang aje tak mahal pun. satu tupperware instant nasi and lauk tu just $3.50. not bad for a meal wpun kene tambah nasi masak sendiri. ehehe
Kalau kat msia dah lama dah aliya beli take out from kedai! hahaha.
lollies- HAHAHA!!
Post a Comment