The week is nearly over. One more shift then back home immediately inshaAllah!
It has not been too bad this week. Main reason is because I did not have to deal with that awful physician Dr M. When he was on call yesterday, I only picked up the Paediatric patients and Surgical patients. Anything that remotely smelt medical, I would not pick to see so I could avoid having to talk to him at all. I loathe any interaction I have with Dr M. On the phone or in person.
He is rude, obnoxious and the most difficult person to please. I've come to the conclusion that no matter what I do, he's never going to be happy. I do A, he says do B. I do B he says why did you do B. Yesterday he was talking to a bunch of medical students behind me. I looked at the computer to check pathology results. And he goes "Hey you, put it back to the other screen". I didn't look at him. The jerk. There are 3 other computers and he wants the one I'm using. He never smiles. I would vote him for the worst mentor figure in the history of Medicine. I think he's just a miserable old fart.
Enough about him.
I've been getting used to the nurses now. Country people are just that way. And us sensitive Malay souls would easily get offended by their brash personalities. They swear a lot, make fun of you but that's their culture. So I might say I had some sort of culture shock. They're alright after all. And like all nurses; they don't like to be made inferior especially if it's from some junior doctor borrowed from another hospital. I've managed to act blur enough that they're friendly/helpful with me but don't think I'm totally stupid.
Hubby came yesterday night coz he has to work this morning. Layth is at home with Hidayah. He seems alright. I speak to him on the phone every day. I ask Layth "Where is Ummi?". He says "Wallagul". Then he tells me what he did that day and what he ate. He's hilarious. I miss him. I hope he won't prefer Makcik to me.
But I do appreciate some quality time with hubby. Had our 4th meal together this Ramadhan, prayed together, went to the supermarket at night to stock up some food for him and watched a movie on the laptop. After my night shift tonight, I'm driving back home to Frankston. I have 6 days off. Gonna bring Hidayah to Sovereign Hill.
Love every second I'm not in Warragul.
No comments:
Post a Comment