Friday, 10 September 2010

Eid at Work

Cooked this 2 days in advance and brought as bekal to my accommodation.

My Eid at work was not too bad.

Not that many patients and those that I saw were pretty nice people. At least no gory injuries to stitch up. Seeing and smelling bloody fingers and lips while fasting is not too bad. Doing that with a meal in your tummy is another thing altogether!

I even got to meet the new medical director of the hospital today. Turns out he is an ED consultant to boot! Because we were short of doctors today, he even lent a hand and saw patients in his doctor's role. Then in the afternoon, he went back being the medical director.

He was really helpful and nice. I really like good consultants. It sometimes makes me feel like I can't wait to be old and experienced and people trust you and respect you. And have patients just look at you and they already feel better.

Even so, not much success for me at work this time round. Complicated cases with no real diagnostic capacities. But at least I'm not dragging my feet to work anymore. More like, walking slowly to work.

Hope the weekend will not be too bad.

------

Called up my grandmothers today. Haha they were both so happy I cooked something for raya.

Nenek despite having a fall and tearing a ligament in her knee still went about cooking for her grandkids! Sabar je la.

Anyhoo, lovely to see my family's raya photos on Facebook. Quick update, guys! Kagum kejap. Haha.

Wherever you are, hope you are having a lovely Eid.

P/S Berapa kali nak cakap ni...haha but I am alone at the accommodation in rural Warragul and I am working until next Friday, yes including this weekend. Dah...hopefully takde orang tanya lagi lepas ni kahkah.

No comments: