Subhanallah it is raining very heavily in Melbourne these past few days. Literally pouring. On our way on the train to Ballarat today, there were flooded plains all throughout our journey. Last year I had my rural placement in Ballarat and I commuted with the train every 3 days. Trust me, I remember every part of the journey. Point is, there are lakes and rivers at where last year there were only caverns and canyons.
I think it's quite refreshing and cleansing. This state hasn't had a good dose of rain in ages. This year is probably the wettest. In my first year here, Australia had been in a state of drought for a few years. Imagine..the drought lasted for another 6 years! This year, water in the reservoirs have reached >40%. That doesn't seem like a lot but believe me it's a lot. It's only been 25-29% over the past few years.
Only those in Melbourne know that our decorative public fountains don't have water spurting out of them. We can only water our plants every other day and we cannot wash our cars except at the self-serve car washes. It's called water restriction.
On the puny downside, I have to use the dryer now, or air dry in the house (I still am anti-dryer, sorta). So far, every time I bring Hidayah somewhere, it is raining (usually heavily too!). Hehehe. Takde rezeki kot.

No comments:
Post a Comment