3 days without a blog entry is quite long for me. Hehehe. Been quite busy and tired in between shifts, iftar, tarawikh, sleeping and freezing to death.
It's a good thing we are musafir here. Can make jama' and qasr. Handy at work when there's only 10 minutes perhaps to pee and pray.
Emergency's pretty interesting. Because it's rural, there are limited resources. There are no specialist teams here. Just medicine and surgery. Radiology is office hours only. No MRI scanner. Pathology takes forever. Only 2 doctors in ED at any given time. If lucky, there might be 3 doctors. After 1am, there is only one doctor covering the whole hospital.
As interns, we are a bit more independent. We can decide on our own what to do with the patients. Pretty daunting but liberating too. Otherwise, like in bigger hospitals, we would need to present everything and get the ED consultant's approval. Here, there's only ONE ED consultant and he only works Monday to Thursdays.
I've seen pulled elbow, endometriosis, haemorrhagic corpus luteal cyst, classic heart attack, hyperemesis gravidarum, pneumonia, foreign body in the eye!!! (the patient actually taught me how to remove it HAHAH - never done it in my life, but he's had it done multiple times), cervical spine trauma, acute and chronic renal failure. I've done several rectal and vaginal examinations too. Erghh.
Will be working for the next 5 days (7 straight in total). Will be in a better mood to blog after I get a day off. Lots of backdated entries!
2 comments:
dan I kalau masuk blog ni tak ada update entry baru rasa sungguh murung hari hari i ini. LOL!
Rajin nya kalau ada backdated entries. I normally mentally have backdated entries, which stays at the back of my head sebab malas tulis later on...hehehe.
Post a Comment