Yeay we found an indoor playground and it's only 3 minute drive from our house!
A bit expensive though.. $6.50 a kid! $7.50 for over 4 years old. Sheesh.
I have my afternoon off today but it was a rainy day so I took Layth to this indoor playground instead.
He is really scared of other kids. He practically RUNS the other way when he sees any. For example in this ball pool, the moment another kid went in, he hurriedly and panickedly rushed out. He even bumped his knee/head and stubbed his toe because he was in such a hurry.
There is a huge maze gym or whatever you call the above apparatus. It's like a labyrinth! At first Layth was scared to go in there. I encouraged him and gave him instructions and made sure I followed his route in there (me on the outside). There were lots of kids there so it was inevitable he would bump into them but the other kids determined his route in there haha! If he saw another kid, he'd turn the other way. So in the end, he did manage to go all around the maze.
After gaining some confidence, he started to play in it without worrying about the other kids. But he still needed me to follow him from the outside. Gradually I just sat on a chair and observed him from afar. After that he played in there by himself. Bravo Layth!
I still observed him though because the kids there were quite noisy and boisterous. Lots of tears!! There was a boy who was terrorising everyone by pretending he was a monster and roaring to others. Little girls cried. Kasihan.
In the end, after observing Layth; I don't want to think that he's scared of others kids. Perhaps merely avoiding danger, confrontation or tears. Hehehe. Being gentlemanly even. Giving way (he'd let the other kid cross the bridge before he would). At least he's not a little terror. That'd be worse!
After 3 hours there, he even asked to go home himself. "Okay Ummi let's go home". Kahkah. So cute.



2 comments:
this reminds me of haziq. He also likes to avoid confrontation sampai kekadang i rasa marah pulak.peduliklah orang lain. he hehehe. tapi i guess itu personality masing2.
yes la..thanks for that. it's his personality. biar la kan. hope our sons become good people ameen
Post a Comment