Sunday, 15 August 2010

Struggling

I am struggling with a few things this Ramadhan. In order of privacy.

1. My anger
I get really bad tempered with lots of pain. The back, of course. I've even got achilles tendinitis at the moment from too much walking (probably when we went to the city on Saturday). I took some Nurofen during sahur yesterday. Big mistake. I had really bad epigastric pain the whole day. Felt like someone was drilling/boring a hole through my chest. I probably had a stomach ulcer from taking that ibuprofen!

Anyhoo it's making me less tolerable of Layth's refusals and mishaps. He doesn't want to eat dinner, he wants icecream for breakfast, he wants to watch TV when it's bedtime, he doesn't want to go to sleep, he pees in his pants, he doesn't want to wash his hands, he's taking his time wearing his clothes.

Ummi needs a time out.

2. Lagha
It's the first time in months that I've got more than 2 days off in a row. That's a lot of mystery novels, TV series, comedies and movies to catch up with. Adeih. Maybe I can wean myself off it. Besides, I always get obsessed with something; it lasts a while then gets boring. Maybe I should let it run its course. Going cold turkey will cause me to get withdrawal (like dreaming about it in my sleep or something).

3. Envy
Oh, no! This whole world is about 'keeping up with the Joneses'. It just bugs me. And makes me feel bad feelings. But then it's natural isn't it. The only way to avoid envy is to not socialise at all.
Have to work on this one. Keep giving pep talks to myself. And stop looking at my bank account.

I can do it! InshaAllah.

p/s isn't it great that Ramadhan is a whole month? Even if you screw up a few days coz of laziness or other things, you still have the opportunities to improve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

betul2..

last two days, sangat penat, sebab trip to sabah and terengganu. nasib baik boleh tolerate lagi dengan afifah...if not, kena cubit je kang..

sebulan...paling perit, in the middle, where the starting point sooo farr...and feel the end point, no way to see...macam naik highway gak, in the middle paling boring+paling banyak kemalangan (area tangkak)...haha~