Friday, 13 August 2010

Only when you're gone

People don't realise how good you've been until you leave them. Today was my last day in Rehab. No one realised it was my last day until I told them about after lunch time.

Then suddenly all these people who previously just passed me with a smile are chatting with me; having friendly conversations. It took them 9 weeks 5.5 days to find out I have a son and he's not even a baby anymore.

With my old registrar gone and me gone; the ward is getting a totally new medical team. They might be a great team but for the first few days as with any new rotation; things are going to be anarchy. Change of intern is not too bad, we are disposable. But change of registrar (who rotate 6-monthly) and the intern bodes badly.

Anyhoo, it was a good last day. People gave me compliments; even the consultants. One of them even offered to write me a reference if I hadn't gotten any yet. Waahhhhhh. I already have 2 referees from Rehab. I could get 2 more. That would be good for my career if I wanted to do Rehab ahaks.

At 4.30pm I hugged the head nurse and the ward clerks, said goodbye to my favourite social worker then left. I'll be back. Next year, InshaAllah.

No comments: