Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Tuesday

I'm not working until Thursday (yeehaa!). Lots of things to catch up on. I haven't vacuumed our room for a few weeks.

Anyway, sent Layth to kinder today. He was reluctant in the morning but I told him we can bake a cake when he gets home. He's been asking for a cake since last week.

Since I'm in no hurry, I hung around the kinder centre in the morning and let Layth show me the place. He showed the dinosaur table where they have dinosaur models and books.

He asked me to name all of them; thankfully I still remember dinosaur names! Diplodocus, ankylosaurus, triceratops, velociraptor, stegosaurus, pterodactyl, brachiosaurus and of course, Tyrannosaurus Rex. Thanks Sythwood middle school, London's Natural History Museum and Jurassic Park movies. Hehehehe

In the morning I did errands like wash the car, went to the post office, paid bills bla bla bla. Had to shop for a few things for the stay in Warragul. It is essentially like moving over there albeit temporarily. Adoih. Banyak jugak duit keluar. After the drive home yesterday I don't feel like travelling to and fro too much. It's tiring. Yeah, it's great to be in your own home but driving, settling in and settling out suck.

Had a cooking marathon so that we'll have ready cooked meals over there in Warragul. Cooked tom yam, ayam masak lemak and fried chicken, stir fry veggies and fish curry. Oh I even made bubur jagung. Oh and that cake I promised Layth.

Vanilla sponge cake with lemon cream cheese frosting.
Layth was impatient so he had the frosting before the cake was even baked!
He wanted orange coloured frosting but there was no yellow colouring so we just made do with red. Unfortunately it didn't turn red, it turned pink instead. It's a bit confusing. Layth thinks it's strawberry because it's pink but it's actually lemon flavoured. (Last week one of the rehab nurses gave me some lemons from her yard).

Ewah so sopan

Then, hands in terus!

Tomorrow we're going back to Warragul because I have a shift on Thursday morning. But on the way, there are a few interesting scenic places to visit so InshaAllah we might go there a bit earlier and take a peek. Hope it doesn't rain like on the weekend!

2 comments:

Lollies said...

pergh terernya boleh namakan soma dinosaur, Masya Allah.

i know trex aje sebab asik itu aje yg keluar movie. and dino sebab dalam kartun flinstone

Ummu Auni said...

Assalamu`alaikum aliya. sorry lama tak tinggal komen sini. akak baru masuk office. balik from Uk, then warded & long MC. wah, lots of catching up to do.

sedih, tak dapat attend COTE's course :(