Monday, 1 February 2010

Gotta Learn

Lots of my friends are expecting babies at the moment. They all seem so excited! I'm happy for them. I've made a vow to not give unsolicited advice because I hated it when people did it to me years back. Plus it's better they learn though trial and error coz that is the best way to learn. After all, they're all working now as opposed to me who was studying (and therefore pokai) when I had Layth. They can spare money for many things that they fancy.

In a way I suppose being poor was for the best. I couldn't just splurge on anything that caught my fancy. Because in the end I did learn that advertising wheedles money out of parents based on the premise that you'd be a BETTER/BEST parent if you bought this or that for your kids. Most of what I thought was needed was really unncessary and cumbersome. It was a good thing I bought things 2nd hand because after I found out how useless, unnecessary, space consuming they were; I re-sold it on eBay.

What I learnt was stuff doesn't matter. No point having the most expensive stroller but not having the time or perseverance to breastfeed; for example. Pray that Allah gives us time, love and patience to endure.

5 comments:

Uswah said...

haih barang baby memang mahal lagi-lagi kat malaysia ni.. how I wish kat malaysia ade jugak carboot sale jual barang 2nd hand yang masih elok qualitynya. Banyak barang 2nd hand kat malaysia tak berapa elok condition nya

IKHWANI said...

when we have less money, we've become more resourceful...and the feeling "to own something" is likely to be gone in no time...tengoklah apa ke bendanya..like you said, tak dapat pakai branded things pun tak apa asalkan boleh membesarkan anak2, educate them and be with them..doa banyak2 pada Allah.

Zidni said...

Amin.

HO said...

haha. ana ni kan, anak takde pun, asyik keluar duit utk anak sedare je. kalau masa belajar dulu, paling ok pun belikan derang baju sebab takde la mahal mane pun kan. Pilih la yg bawah RM 20. Skrg ni, sebab duit gaji ada, kalau pergi shopping complex, ada je nak belikan drg something. Duit mengalir mcm air sungai waktu hujan lebat. Tu belum lg anak sendiri kan.

I guess, kesempitan is a part of tarbiyyah sebenarnya. Lebih kepada tarbiyyah utk diri sendiri!

أم الليث said...

uswah- itu la that's what i heard. i think kan..my opinion je la. kat msia bnyk barang murah2 and poor quality. jadi bila org jual balik tu mmg buruk la. kat sini org beli yg berkualiti so tahan lama. pas tu jual balik masih elok lagi.
so kesimpulannya...before kawin lagi patut simpan duit utk barang baby! haha

OO- Alhamdulillah. tu la kan. material tu 2nd level. 1st level should be our time and company.

zidni- amin

abidah- hehehe betul2. sebenarnya derg tak perlukan je baju lah toys lah tp rasa nak beli sbb mampu beli. lgpun best kan tgk reaksi derg dpt benda baru. kalau akak la.. sometimes belikan benda utk layth sbb dulu masa akak kecik tak dpt pun benda tu. tp kalau pk balik sbnrnya akak beli tu utk layth ke utk akak?? hahah