One of the peeves of my workplace is the endless useless paperwork that a doctor has to fill in just to get a simple thing done. Not to mention different protocols and methods of requesting the service of another team. Sometimes other teams (usually not doctors but other healthcare workers) get so pissed off if you don't follow their "guidelines" to the tee.
I don't understand why must (some) people raise their voice or speak rudely to other people? Having a stressful day is not a valid excuse. Everyone is stressed in the hospital. Let's reduce the stress by being nice to each other. Is that too hard? Just bite your tongue and give a smile. Maybe it didn't occur to you that people make mistakes? Being new? Being uninformed? Your department is not the only department in the hospital that's important!!
Ironic.
Human beings create all these rules and regulations to supposedly improve the delivery of health service. In the end it delays the service and makes everyone nutters!
My methods of dealing with rude people:
1. Impassive face
2. Turn a deaf ear and just nod
3. Do not retaliate - man this is hard to do... kalau ikut hati mau je jerit balik!!
4. Speak in a calm voice - the person will feel ashamed like a reprimanded child
5. Don't keep things bottle up - spew everything to hubby when I get home and blog about it hee hee
6. Let it go.
5 comments:
eh..eh..boleh pulak komen..hehehehe...
when I was *cough, cough* younger, I used to badly affected by rude people and that I am *coughing louder* older (hence, hopefully wiser), I am trying to imagine perhaps that person is having such a bad day...then tak ada la rasa teruk sangat..urut dada sambil istighfar..
Good tips. Hm... doing 5 with plenty of discretion... not that Intan is not a good listener. I just can't explain very well.
oh oh. kenapa?
you were my inspiration of keeping my blog private, hehehehe
OO- hehehe tp still affected kan..sbb urut2 dada tu..mesti ada kecik hati gak hihi. hmm skrg kene kuatkan hati supaya air mata tak cepat aje nak keluar
zidni- i suppose it would be hard to explain. unless intan worked in the same profession and same workplace. why with discretion?
kak aini- hehe sudah diterangkan kat entry itu.
I easily get upset if i think the other party is not listening... especially when i already worked hard to bring it to lower to layman terms.
the fact remains... i struggle in explaining. so with plenty of discretion la - hopefully my words are easily understood.
ini la kelebihan dan kekurangannya doctor engineer kawen. heheh.
Post a Comment