This morning's incident is really bothering me.
I went to pick up Layth from kinder but I arrived a few minutes early so I watched the group discreetly. It was story time. Layth was sobbing in the middle of the group. Everyone was ignoring him. The teacher said "Do you want to go to mummy?" Layth was shaking his head and standing up and getting the teacher to go with him. I knew straight away he wanted to go to the toilet. He sounded exactly like at home when he would tahan kencing and then when it was too much to hold back he would cry because he knew he would wet himself and he'd make me mad.
He cried harder. The teacher asked him "Do you want to go to the toilet?". Layth cried harder and harder while clutching his front. I rushed in and took him and brought him to the toilet. He didn't make it. Pee all over.
Then I told the teacher he was crying because he wanted to pee but was too scared to ask.
On the way home still tersedu-sedu. All quiet in the car. It was probably quite a horrible experience.
Pelik la Layth ni..apsal tak pergi sendiri aje... sebelum ni reti aje pergi toilet sendiri. Funny, I feel it's my failures that these things happen. I didn't teach him enough English. I didn't expose him to people before this that's why he's so scared of people. I feel embarrassed that Layth is crying when I leave him and pick him up. Budak lain takde nangis pun. Why is he so unhappy.
But the teacher said Layth is fine after I leave. He enjoys himself. Today they played with mud - habis kotor baju and kasut!! (Layth only has one pair of shoes! argh they're ruined). When we got home Layth said "Nak gi school, nak jumpa fwen". I'm confused.
Maybe if I send him there more often, he will settle in more quickly?
13 comments:
alaa...sian dia..huhu
*trying to think like 3 year old
tengah storytime, layth tak berani/takut nak interrupt kot.. nanti kena marah or all eyes on him when he said he wanted to go to toilet.. lagi la malu.
and you said he cries when you leave and pick him up kan.. maybe that's why the teacher thought layth nangis coz you were there.
it's not your failure.. it just happens layth belum cukup berani and malu2 lagi. he obviously enjoys school.
*keluar topik
bape kali dah aku ignore friend request from the person yang komen apa2 kat your status tu. no offense tapi memang slalu rasa mcm bagus.. dah la tak kenal pun. only virtually.
ahmad- tu la..huhu :(
intan- he was crying before i went into the room lagi. huhu.
shh intan..this blog is public hehehe. it's probably harmless comment. aku tgh mode sensitive hari ni..bnyk kecik hati kat FB! haha
takpe.. ramai yang komen apa2 kat your FB. bukan sorang. LOL
ciannya :(
but i really think time will tell, maybe its another few mths down the road, no more tears when sending him off :)
p/s: ada a few occasion, nael held back his tears at his kindy when he was 5!..hope layth will do better.
susah nak main guessing game especially dgn anak-anak, sometimes kena try an error..macam faris dulu pun sama..dia rasa matter "buang air" ni macam embarassing nak discuss in public, nak bangun gi sendiri pun malu..sudahnya miserable sensorang..even now ada benda dia tak share in public kalau kita tanya he will tunduk and keep quiet..I guess boys just take their time longer than girls to mature..
HUGS LAYTH AND UMMINYA SEKALI.
Poor Layth,
Boys are late to mature
Boys are more shyer (is there such a word?)than girls
Boys at times finds it hard to express their feelings,lagi2 nak cakap in public
Boys mmg suka tahan wiwi
Boys mmg suka cakap last minit nak wiwi
Ni my own experience lah, k sara compare dgn girls my boys age.
InsyaAllah in time Layth will be fine
hey! i teringat who it was. It was jack! he was the one who peed in his pants at school. sama keslah ni either takut nak cakap or too engrossed.
And as I said before, dia langsung pun tak ingat. The only thing dia ingat is dia pernah mneyusu dgn I. Itupun pasal i asik remind aje! hahahah
thanks for sharing your experiences dear young mothers!
i feel a lot better now to know that layth and i are not alone..thanks for making me feel normal!
lollies- yes kene remind them always that they were breastfed hehehe!
We did a role play kat rumah. Main cikgu-cikgu. Raise your hand if you wanna ask teacher etc, the usual dialogs in class la. So diorg confident sikit nak cakap dengan teacher. It helped us last time :) sampai other parents noticed, anak you suka betul bertanya hahaha.
Oh oh! please PLEASE, don't be too hard on yourself. It is these stuff that made us MOTHERS. We learned and we bounced back. :) sampai everything also bouncy bouncy *roles eyes*
wow good idea.. i will try that when layth is older (and can cooperate to role play hehe)..thanks kak nina!
bouncy bouncy HAHAHAHAHAH
hm... *starting to prepare mind in handling my own son/daughter in future,,
tht is one good option, sending him there more often = he will settle in quickly and more ME time? :)
Post a Comment