Sunday, 27 June 2010

Fuh it's done

I had my oral exam last night at 11pm (diawalkan). I was so nervous. Funny thing is I was more nervous not because it's an exam but nervous of disappointing the sheikh.

I probably did disappoint myself by not being able to answer such a simple question which was what is the name of the author of Bulugh Al-Maram! Hahahaha. Well, I know it's Ibn Hajar of course but what his real name was I never knew. Sheikh said "No, this is not good, next time read the front part of the book". Yikes...malu sehhhhh!!!!

But overall, I think I did quite well. Sh Bilal is very nice. If I hesitated on a question he would prompt further. He never let me say "pass" (if I didn't know it). He rephrased the question until I could answer it. Like when he asked "What are the 4 principles of qiyas?". Erkk I was not sure what the answer was so I started by defining qiyas. And that was correct. Turns out the principles of qiyas are what make up the qiyas..okay.. I knew that! Asl, far', illah and hukum.

And if I got answers correct, he'd say "Mumtaz" or "perfect ukhti, perfect". Rasa motivated skit! Cuma seram when he asked what are the two major opinions on the obligation of witr prayer?? YIKES. Rezeki betul boleh jawab tau. It just so happens that this was a question in a past exam and I couldn't answer it then. I had read up since then.

Basically I think no one would fail unless they had not listened to any lectures at all. We didn't need to memorise everything. I think that was the purpose of the exam; to make sure we were up to date with the lessons and force us to revise everything from the beginning. In fact, at the end of the exam he asked whether I was up to date with the lectures and had revised everything from semester 1 or not. Alhamdulillah I could truthfully say Yes.

At the end of the exam he said "Well done ukhti, you have done 4 semesters. 16 more to go". 4 more years!! Then he gave his trademark nasihah:
You are a student of knowledge. Your knowledge is above average, therefore your deeds must also be above average.

Gulp. Anyways, Alhamdulillah 'ala kulli haal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish blogger have a 'like' feature. I would definitely click a like on this post.

Well done!

أم الليث said...

hehe thanks nusayba!!
so what did u think abt my recorded audio lesson idea from the previous post (comment section)

Ummu Auni said...

ada ke akak baru ucap good luck kat awak, isk isk.

congrats aliya!