Friday, 11 June 2010

My class

Since it's quite difficult to organise a class among friends now since everyone's work schedule is different, my 'students' are those on maternity leave. Hehehe. I have two regulars (Marlina & Fida) but Fida will surely take a "leave of absence" once she delivers nanti. So sebenarnya Marlina aje la. Hehehe. Alak ikut jugak. Kebetulan Mar's mother-in-law and sister-in-law are here, so mereka pun join sama.

At first when Mar said her MIL nak join I was a bit apprehensive. Takut tak sesuai plak because sometimes orang tua dah set in their ways. Nak ajar Fiqh takde mazhab2 nih payah la plak.

But Alhamdulillah it turned out cool. Her MIL is a very kind and educated lady. She even said that she has studied this type of Fiqh before at the surau near their home. Lega aku!

What I like about teaching is the questions asked by the students. Sometimes kita sendiri tak terpikir pun to look at something in a different way. But when they ask questions you think "Ha'ah ek... never thought of it that way". And if you don't know the answer, then you know where your knowledge gap is and can then rectify it. And the discussion is good.

So far we have covered the first chapter (chapter of water) in 2 hours! (banyak selingan). Simple enough but lots of things were new to them (as they were to me). Lots of "eureka" moments. Lots of "Seriously?!" moments especially the issue of dogs. Hehehe. I used Sheikh Bilal's joke and they guffawed. According to Maliki scholars, the whole dog is not najis and we can even eat dogs. Sheikh said something like "So be careful of those hot dogs".

So please make du'a that our class will be ongoing InshaAllah. At least for these 10 weeks of my rotation where I get Thursday afternoons off. And please make du'a that I pass my exams! :D

3 comments:

Lollies said...

kat surau mana MIL dia belajar tu? That is nice to hear that they do teach this in Msia. The last "religious" scene I had in msia was in my office, itupun tajweed and harfiyah. The formal teaching of fiqh and the sort was at school aje. So i really don't know what's it like in msia. I heard some are good but you have to search and know where and who.

May Allah make the exam easy for you. Patu seperti biasa dapatlah kita menumpang your ilmu. :D

Zidni said...

getting question is a actually a feedback and two-way communication is formed! great2...

أم الليث said...

lollies- she is from kuching. lots of offices are having classes now. my aunt who works in klcc (petronas) says she has classes at lunchtime once a week. belajar tafsir.

zidni- betul2