Been dreaming a lot lately about going to England again after 20 years. Want to visit old childhood places. I want to see England as an adult. It seemed very small as a child. The only thing I remember about London is Big Ben, river Thames, the big chinese grocery warehouse we used to frequent, Hyde park and Regent Mosque.
I can even remember the taste of Hula Hoops and Wotsit. And how my teacher Mrs Lewis smelt like. I wonder if she's still alive. I want to ride the train, tube and one of those black cabs.
This must be set off by Nusayba's entries about UK, many British-accented patients and my current preoccupation with Narnia's Pevensies.
2 comments:
nak ikut! hehe...
InsyaAllah, one day, boleh tu. I never expected I would visit back the place where I grew up. In 2005, we went to Newcastle, and I even visited the old primary school while school was still open. I got to meet one of the teachers too! AND she remembered me. Terkejut. Or maybe she was faking it and thought I was one of some other Malay kids who'd gone there.
Post a Comment