Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Do I have to?

Do I have to justify myself?
I feel like the other interns are disapproving of me just because I have 1-2 patients on my list - and for the past 2 days: ZERO patients. I can come to work at 9am and go home at 2pm. Today I just had a meeting in the morning then nothing. I'm home at 10am. Seriously no work to do. I asked the other interns multiple times if they have any jobs they want to delegate to me. They didn't have anything for me to do.

So what's the point of staying around?

And one of them; who is notorious for not delegating anything suddenly decided to call me when I'm already at home. Aparraaa. But as usual, it was nothing urgent and can be done tomorrow.

Tomorrow might pick up a bit. I have preadmission clinic and all day theatre tomorrow. So it should be interesting. There is going to be one bilateral mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction. I hope I can assist in that one.

You know the way people treat my team; it's like we're slackers and lazybums. Well truth be told; we didn't CHOOSE to have little or no patients. It just so happens we discharged them all and our consultants are not on call (therefore not admitting anymore patients) until this weekend! If you're looking at someone to blame; blame your own over-eager consultant(s) who are frequently on-call.

Isn't it then my "rezeki". I can actually feel the "evil eye".

No comments: