Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Sick leave

Alhamdulillah I managed to get sick leave for 2 days with a certificate. I have been sick for more than a week now and it's even getting worse; not better. I thought it was a viral infection that would get better over time. Today I went to the after hours GP and I got antibiotics finally because I have acute sinus infection.

I feel extremely guilty taking sick leave actually. I took one on Monday. But when you take a sick leave, the other interns have to pick up your work on top of their work and it is really inconveniencing a lot of people like the other interns, the registrar and even the medical student. Tak sedap hati plak. On Monday baru ni, 2 interns including me were off sick so the intern who had to pick up our work had to cover more than 40 patients on her own!! On a Monday plak tu of all days. Kesian sangat. I'd hate it if I had to be her.

But I suppose today was the last straw. I felt really unwell. Nasib baik registrarku baik, he told me to go home early and take 2 days off. I felt a bit better taking sick leave when he said that. Tak suka la menyusahkan orang lain. Buat orang curse kita aje kan.

3 comments:

Lollies said...

lama jugak you tak sihat ni. Definitely kena rest. Alahamdulillah registrar tu baik. Kalau dah sakit baiklah rest. Kalau guilty tapi sendiri suffer macamana nak tengok pesakit2 yang lagilah sakit tu.

Syafikillah

أم الليث said...

thanks lollies.
haah agak lama. tp alhamdulillah lepas dpt antibiotic, feel a lot better now

Zidni said...

Get well soon! InsyaAllah...