Back to work today. Not too bad despite listening to the stories of all the dramas that occurred in my (and because of) my absence.
My patient list is back to just 7 people..woo hoo. Seronoknya. I'm busy but a bearable kinda busy. I hate it when the patient number increases more than 15. It's a bit too much. Especially if many of them are sick patients.
I really enjoy this rotation actually because I feel like I've learnt and "grown" quite a lot as a surgical intern. Balanced exposure to ward work, problem solving and actual surgeries. I started the rotation very very mentah and clueless about what to do. I didn't even know the ins and outs of drain tubes. Now I do and I've even seen them inserted during surgery.
This rotation also...
helped us interns know each other better. We work a lot together and do handovers every day and rely on each other for favours. Made new friends on this rotation. Plus the registrars on the units are consistent so you get to know them and vice versa. You know their modus operandi and how to get on their good side. (Compared to my medical rotation where my registrar was different every week!).
Just 3 weeks left of it. I think I'm gonna miss it actually. Especially the $$$. Hehehehe.
Hey today we had a suturing workshop to practice our suturing skills. In medical school we only did it on foam "skin". Today we had pork chops to work on. Euww gross kan. Not because it's pork but because it looks like a chunk had been cut off from a HUMAN thigh or something.

6 comments:
WE DID SUTURING ONCE ON PIG"S TROTTERS!!!!!!! hahahaha I siap triple gloved :P
ok that's gross because it looks like a pig's parts.
pork chops ni takde ler nmpk cam babi sangat. but creepy..it feels and looks like human skin/subcut. it even has fine hairs
AKU KENA JAHIT KAT TROTTER mcm rusy! Rasanya dia recycle ahahha! NAK MUNTAH! dahlah aku dah byk kali suture real patients, so aku benti half way pasal geli!
euwww gross...so tak fresh la???YUCK@!!!!!!!
yg kitorg guna ni fresh la jugak. takde bau pape
kitorg belajar buat mattress stitch and subcuticular stitch and stitch utk homeostasis with hand tie. best gak buat atas piece of meat tuh. feels real..wpun pernah buat mattress kat OT sekali ajer
pig has the closest anatomy to human being isn't it...
not the anatomy. kita takde snout and the bontot besar hehehehe..but maybe the physiological compatibility. that's why most transplants, prosthesis, medications are made from that of porcine origin.
Post a Comment