Today is my medical student's last day of his rotation. Sedih la plak. He's been a tremendous help to me in reducing my workload. He does discharge summaries, inserts cannulas, writes notes during ward round, helps me out in clinic and sometimes scrubs in too. Once he was on loan to another intern and she described him with one word: intuitive.
He does things without you even having to tell him to do it. Many times I've sat in front of the computer to do a discharge summary and when I log on, I find that he's already done 80% of it.
I'm really impressed with his proactive and helpful manner. Now I know why the interns at Western hospital were so happy when I helped them out (in Semester 12). I thought amende sangat aku buat pun..discharge summaries and masukkan cannula. Now as an intern I know that those things are the things that clog up your day but must be done. If someone else does it, less work therefore less stress!
I hope next week I get a medical student at least as good as him.
2 comments:
maybe he also feels bad if he doesn't do anything to assist you =). kadang2 masa kita buat sesuatu, we thought it's insignificant, but it made huge difference to someone else
turning the taking things for granted to... appreciation...
Post a Comment