There will always be a narky scrub nurse or an anaesthetist nurse or a theatre technician who has issues with my tudung. So far NONE of the doctors have ever complained about my tudung...always the auxillary staff.
First of all, they complain because the theatre cap (which is exactly like a shower cap) doesn't completely cover my tudung obviously. You see the tudung at the neck area is still exposed. Some nurses have issues with this. I don't know WHY; I think my tudung is cleaner than their NECKS and HAIR and EARRINGS that are exposed when they wear the shower cap. At least my tudung is laundered and is an inanimate object whereas their exposed skin is full of normal flora. Even when they make me wear the balaclava (pictured below), they are still not happy as there is still tudung exposed (neck area).
(Yes I look miserable because there is no room to look fashionable in theatre)
Some of the unhappy people even tell me to bring another tudung to wear..a "theatre tudung" because the one I'm wearing to work has been to other places besides the theatre. But then my argument is; well you guys walk around the hospital with your specified theatre caps...apa bezanya? You're still bringing it out of the theatre whaaat.
Sometimes I think they're discriminating against my tudung. But sometimes I think they're just picking on me because I'm junior. Ada je salah nak cari. I'm standing in the wrong place, in someone's way, I'm speaking too loud, I'm too tall, my nose is too big. Just so happen that bila pakai tudung tu...wahh lagi best nak komplen. Tak kuasa aku!
Takpe, today I might be junior. Who knows one day I will be their superior.

5 comments:
'fashionable in theatre'
*giggles*
Actually the cap is for what? to protect from hair/dandruff falling onto an opened chest? or to protect your hair from any splatters from the patient? either way, the tudung does exactly that.
k nina- itu la...i thought it was mainly to protect yourself from any splatters because kalau nak protect patient from your own hair/dandruff mmg tak do the job la cap bengong tuh. rambut terkeluar2 jugak..ada yg siap pakai cap tu with earrings out of the cap..apakah?
thats why i think derang saje je nak cari pasal. doctors tak bising pon which makes me think mmg no reason pun to worry abt the tudung
tp seriyes buruk la theatre wear. esp the stupid hat. buruk sungguh
i like it bila you jawab kat dia orang tu. I think either stigma bertudung and also a mix that you are a junior lah ni. Tak apa tunggu ko.
ehh saya ni pengecut aje. tak jawab blk..argument tu hanya utk justify to myself that they have a problem, not me and thus i shouldnt have to follow what they say
one day you will. but don't tell them off or hit back. just explain clearly... show who's the better person.
Post a Comment