Sunday, 21 March 2010

Kinderrific

Layth is enjoying kinder. He still cries (no..he wails!) in the morning when we send him but he's generally pretty happy when we go home. Sometimes he demands "Nak gi skool lagi!".

He's bringing back a few English phrases and is more confident making conversation no matter how ridiculous it is. He is really amusing and cracks me up.

It's probably a combination of kinder exposure plus his normal language development anyway.

He loves pretending to have a phone call with me. He'll get me to hold the TV remote to my ear and he'll hold the calculator to his ear and we'll have a phone conversation.

He's still a bit shy in front of the camera - that's why I can't get a video of him (what a loss!). The moment he sees the camera, he'll be quiet/ stop doing whatever he was doing and look down. Aiyya!! Stage fright kah. He's okay with taking photos. I'll just tell him "Layth..nak ambik gambar nak tunjuk Nenek" then he'll pose. Hehehe

I hope we will all handle Surgery Week 1 well. Layth especially. He will be going to kinder every day (just for that one week until Aalaa' comes) and won't see me at night coz I'll be working until 9pm for the whole of April. No more bedtime routine. I hope the change in routine will not discomfort him too much.

I hope it won't discomfort me! I'm the kind of person who likes to read books on things I'd like to be good at. For example before I started working I borrowed a heap of books from the library about housekeeping and how to organise the household when one is working. I learnt a lot of things from those books.

Unfortunately none of the books ever mention the mother coming home at 9pm or works on the weekends in such a way that she will leave before anyone wakes up and comes home when everyone is already asleep. :(

3 comments:

IKHWANI said...

I feel for you re the new routine..yeah, I too pray that Layth won't be too discomfort adjusting to that.

he looks so cute reading!!

my kids were all "stage fright" as you mentioned hehehe...suuuusah sangat nak ambik video even dah besar2 ni..feryal laaagi lah..curi-curi ambik kalau nasib baik!!

Lollies said...

part you baca all those ooks to give you ideas tu I memang kagumlah. makes me nak lompat ke sana and pinjam buku tu jugak.

look at Layth in that picture lying down at a place yang banyak buku. heavennya.

layth ni kena pasang cctv baru boleh tangkap dia in action. he he

Zidni said...

good on layth!