Alhamdulillah I enjoyed my first day. It may not be as bad as I anticipated... in fact maybe better than I had anticipated :D
Now I work from 2pm-9pm; covering about 40 patients or more.
Perks:
1. Can sleep in (yehoooooo)
2. Can do my errands, chores, cook dinner in the morning
3. Can drive to work
4. Proper handover from other interns so NO blur blur during the shift
5. Wards run at a bit slower pace than the Acute Ward where I was previously; so nice on my pulse rate and blood pressure - no sense of urgency
6. Don't need to do referrals, ward rounds and experience much collegial contact
7. Get to spend 2 hours with hubby at work kahkah
8. 7 hour shift sajaaaaa...yehooo...
Cons
1. Have to pay for parking (yuck) and horror time finding parking by the way
2. Have to walk in the dark to the car - gedap gedup seram
3. Eat dinner late: gemuk la daku
4. Lots of responsibility (more patients to be responsible for) but lack of staff for support
5. Weekend shifts: 14 hours covering ALL patients (up to 60)
Hope it will only improve from today :D
4 comments:
macam bestlah pulak tukar2 kerja. different experience. taklah same thing day in day out.
kalau gitu saya nak angkat kaki makan pop corn and tunggu cerita seterusnya
the benefit of starting pessimistically.. ahaha!
and i'm starting next week.. yikes!
lollies- hahaha!
best la tukar2 kerja kalau kerja tu best. LOL
setakat ni best la..let's see what happens next
intan- true! think worse as possible
eh ko dah tau ke dpt kat ner?
blum. masa induction tu la dierg bgtau.
Post a Comment