Monday, 15 March 2010

Roster is out

Huhuhuhu

Before I complain let me count my blessings first:
1. We managed to get alternate shifts yeay
2. We won't be going offsite (to another hospital about 20 minutes away)
3. We'll have a babysitter/helper to help out at home
4. The extra hours will mean extra money

Okay now for complaining bercerita...

1. For the first fortnight I'll be working 115 hours. (compared to now I work 76 hours per fortnight).
2. For the 2nd weekend I'll be working 14 hour shifts on Sat and Sunday and look after and be responsible for ALL surgical patients in the hospital ON MY OWN.
3. Will be working 11 days straight for the first week because I'll be carrying on from this current medicine rotation (no break before starting the new rotation).

Seram sebenarnya! Thrown in the deep end

5 comments:

haundem said...

lagi byk hours, lagi byk beljar/gain experience?no? hehe

IKHWANI said...

brace youself, grit your teeth and lots of doa..will make doa for you too semoga Allah permudahkan. Ameen.

come back with loads of experience to share.

أم الليث said...

masyitah- that's the idea. tapi bila exhausted..amende sgt pun yg dpt hehe. otak pun tak bleh pk dgn jelas

OO- inshaAllah

zan said...

ohh i dengar pun rasa seram jugak :( i mean at the part of jaga OT on your own. but 2nd thought, there's always the 1st time to everything and once you hit the routine, insyallah everything will fall into places.

wahh...dengar dah upgrade to Iphone..teringat kita dok komplen2 pasal phone kat FB, tup tup, both of us upgraded our phones te he he...adakah ini penyakit tak tahan godaan? heheh :) Iphone was one of my options but I need to sms hubby a lot for free, so guna BB jer la.

أم الليث said...

hehe k fida, tak jaga OT la. jaga patients kat ward yg tgh tunggu nak operate (therefore tgh acutely unwell!) or post operation (while they heal up). takutnya sbb my shifts bnyk shift malam and weekend. i'll be on my own or with another intern. tak de support sgt tp kene cover ramai patients. kalau 2-3 orang stop breathing sekaligus cam mana??? huhu seram. hopefully nothing of that sort will happen

hehe u dah upgrade ke BB ke? kihkih. nape ngan BB? free sms?