I really would like to stop complaining about work. So I came up with a few strategies to tackle this problem:
1. Talk to other junior doctors.
When I hear the same complaints from them I feel normalised. Since we are all in the same boat then I have to accept that this is what we're in for. And listening to my colleagues in Malaysia, they have it far worse than me which makes me undeserving to complain.
2. Keep positive.
Everything is a learning experience and will shape me for the future.
3. Watch reality TV shows about other people's jobs.
I found this show to be the best therapy. It's titled Dirty Jobs. Click here to find out more. Basically it's people doing dirty things for a living. Like collecting garbage, cleaning sewers and drains, emptying septic tanks, making manure, cleaning flesh off animal bones and processing cow dung to make perishable flower pots. Lessons learnt:
- at least I don't have to wake up at 3am in the morning anticipate a smelly day collecting garbage and other people's refuse
- at least I don't do menial labour out in the hot sun or throughout the whole night
- at least the most disgusting part of my day is exposure to people's excretions (which are fresh) and I don't have to touch it or step in it
- at least most people acknowledge and appreciate a doctor. Who says thank you to their garbage collector even though they are most worthy of our appreciation?! Imagine if they didn't come in a week. How awful would it be.
4. Stare at my paycheck.
The sight of dollars makes the pain of work go away...
7 comments:
I like the last one. Heh. Don't we all.
suka tgk dirty jobs!hehe
nusayba- hahah! true2.
masyitah- best ek. dah la host tu lawaks. but really makes u appreciate ur job kan
number 1, 2 and 3 would work for me...
but number 4 will have a reverse effect...
zidni- hehee so u r implying that ur renumeration is not appropriate to your contribution?
i like no 3
dulu tv9, ada cerita di mana 'bumi dipijak, langit dijunjung'
they actually went to interview garbage collectors, teachers in rural area
now i stop complaining about my job (wpun kekadang tercomplain juga, kah kah)
yes... haha! engineers everywhere else are better paid.
Post a Comment