It seems that work and family/home and students guild studies are the three most time consuming elements in my life at this moment. I feel that as long as I have a balance between the three then I should be okay inshaAllah.
However, I think I have failed in a few other things.
1. My weight loss aspirations
No progress there. I lost 3kg when working for the first few weeks because there wasn't enough time to eat. Then I had my time management under control and I started to eat more (to hell with the diet) because I was pretty stressed. Now I'm back to my original weight again. Sigh. Zilch motivation left.
2. Healthy diet...bahh
I don't think my cholesterol levels are going down. Too lazy to go and check it because seeing the GP now is no longer free (kedekut ek??). Takmo la bayar $65 untuk check cholesterol aje. Malas giler. Besides, after a hard day at work, having my favourite lamb chops for dinner is awfully nice.
3. Gardening
Due to combination of Melbourne's freakingly hot and dry weather and no time to water the plants 4 times a day (like I did during the summer hols), my plants are now wilted. The eggplants have stunted growth and my lush green cucumber has died before its prime. It now looks as yellow as a banana. My daun kesum has RED leaves (how did that happen??).
We bought a lawnmower (manual one..ha ha) konon-kononnya wanted to mow the lawn. Turns out there's more than mowing the lawn with regards to yard/lawn maintenance. What about the weeds? And the garden beds? And the shrubs?? Do we have to buy all those equipment?? Where would we find the time/energy to do all that anyway? And within 4 weeks we'd have to do the same things all over again.
Hubby called in a gardening service to come and tend to our lawns. Wow what a great job they did. Within 1.5 hours three of them with 2 petrol run lawn mowers, lawn trimmer, leaf blower and shears made our lawns look good! Too bad they cost as much as me working for 6 hours. But we need a quick makeover now because the landlord wants to come and inspect the garden next week huhu.
Oh well. We can't have everything!
4 comments:
those things you "failed" is much lessss important than the ones you give attention too! good juggling skills i would say heheee
wwaahh so kind your landlord hive out waring first. kalau buat sudden spot check..pengsan.
i think above all things yg tak tahan is maintenance. tengoklah rumah ni, yang tukang sepah lagi ramai dari yg kemas. malaslah.
i pun salah satu dari tukang sepah gak
eh rupenye akak kene jumpe GP gak utk cek cholestrol level el? kite ingat doctor boleh cek diri sendri.. hehehe
rusy- hehe important tau cholesterol tuu. akak ada fatty liver hari tu huhu
lollies- hehe landlord dah dtg last week. pas tu dia tak puas hati dengan keadaan lawn kitorg after our feeble attempts at gardening. so dia kasi 2 weeks to straighten up! huhu
maintenance is such a rut. especially kalau asyik2 buat kerja itu aje. kalau sekali setahun kan best.
uswah- hehe kene jumpa GP gak laa kahkah. nak check sendiri bleh la kalau ada pathology lab sendiri.
Post a Comment