Alhamdulillah for the opportunity to attend the 2nd AlKauthar course of the year: World of the Unseen -Belief in the Last Day.
I could only attend on the second day because I worked on Saturday. But even so, it was sufficiently beneficial.
The speaker was engaging, lively and eloquent. He didn't follow the notes (provided in a folder) too well but his lectures were enjoyable to hear.
Some pearls of wisdom I took from the course which directly effects me in my life:
1. "Work is ibadah". Abdur Rahman bin Auf used to collect firewood in the early hours of the morning to be sold at the market. While the others prayed qiyam, he would go out to work. It was then the Prophet SAW said "Work is an act of worship". So even if he missed qiyam, he received reward for toiling to seek rizq for his family.
This makes me feel better as I have missed a lot of things like conferences and courses and social events because "I have to work". I'm so fed up of giving that reason but it's not anything that I can change. Internship doesn't offer much choice in terms of work time because we are meant to work for a specific amount of time to be able to pass this year.
2. After crossing the Sirat and before entering Jannah, there will be an arched bridge called al-Qantarah. This is the place where Allah lets us claim the retribution from people who have oppressed us, owed us money, insulted us, made ghibah about us, took away our rights, did not give us our rights etc. We can take their good deeds and let them have our sins. This also makes me feel better as after the abuse one gets from patients and other people; I can learn to be patient about it so I claim this one day.
On the other hand it also reminds me not to treat anyone in such a way that I would have to give away my good deeds on Al-Qantarah and be burdened with sins of the people whom I have wronged. Allah Al-Musta'aan.
Next course in July: Mark of a Jurist - Maqasid ash-Shari'ah by Sheikh Tawfique
Those who are here, make sure you come!


6 comments:
thanks for the second point..i'll try my best
Masya-Allah! Lovely post..indeed, Allah al-Musta'aan.
first time dengar "al-qantarah"
kak aini- i know who you are thinking of. the sheikh said the ones who you will meet on al-qantarah won't be the random people you meet on the street. it will be your closest family, your employees, your friends.
that is where the husband/wife, parents/children claim from each other the rights which they did not give/receive in dunia.
OO- thanks :D semoga bermanfaat
I like to find that first hadith and its explanation. Boleh kasi my friends who r working. Semoga dia tak rasa down sangat.
Thanks aliya, this post has benefitted me tremendously.
aliya, thanks for the ad on your blog. akak dari hari tu duk browse sebab interested nak pergi. dah siap mail the al kauhtar ppl in malaysia, hehe, punyalah semangat ni :p
Jazakallahukhair... good reminder. Thanks.
Post a Comment