It's time. To pick a specialty.
We're supposed to choose a pathway starting next year (resident year 1). There are 4 to choose from:
1. Basic Physician Training year 1 (BPT 1)
- doing medicine to become a physician i.e. cardiologist, endocrinologist, rheumatologist, Infectious disease specialist, respiratory physician, oncologist, geriatrician, gastroenterologist, neurologist, intensivist...anything I missed?
2. Psychiatry
3. Surgical resident
- doing surgical terms in surgical specialties (Urology, Plastic Surgery, Vascular surgery, Orthopaedics), ICU and ED
4. Mixed rotation - suitable for GP & ED training
- rotation consists of medical rotation, ED, Obs & Gynae and Paediatrics
There are limited places for all these jobs. So first come first serve. Unfortunately I don't know which way I want to go. Huhu. :(
Let's mull over it.
Psychiatry is a definite out.
I have mixed feelings about the mixed rotation. I don't want to do Paediatrics.
I like doing a surgical resident job (simple jobs and lucrative) but I don't want to be a surgeon. Choosing the surgical path will "waste" 1 year if I don't intend to be a surgeon anyways.
I suppose by the rule of exclusion that leaves me with BPT1. Argh but just the thought of doing a medical term makes me cringe, what more a whole year of it!
I wonder which pathway I should pick if I want to become a radiologist or pathologist? Those two options are looking good to me considering the minimal if not zero human contact. Huhu. I'm getting tired of people! Adoi.
So, BPT 1 it is then.
2 comments:
hehe takde kene mengena tapi teringat.. semua orang selalu come up to me and say "So, you're gonna be a physician eh?" huhu.. and I'll answer "no.. physicist" -___-;
hahaha yes ...memang orang selalu confused physician and physicist. but with the new sitcom big bang theory tu..rasanya ramai orang tau apakah itu physicist
Post a Comment