Friday, 30 April 2010

Decided

Okay it's decided. I'm going choose the general (mixed) stream for my residency. This means I can keep my options open and not limit myself to either surgical or medical. I can be a GP, Obs/Gyn, Paediatrician, Radiologist, Pathologist or Psychiatrist. (GP is a specialist too, okay). I can always go back to surgical or medical if I wanted to.

Okay so I have to do a Paediatric term. Tahan aje la. Though putting cannulas/needles in children is not something I am looking forward to. I can't even put cannulas in adults most of the time. Every time I fail I look at my own obvious veins and feel like I want to cannulate them.

I even asked to do one term of Psychiatry. Haha. Hubby thought I was mad. Kahkah. Well, I never had proper exposure for it. My clinical school wasn't the best in the world. 

Another thing about this mixed term is that it can be quite flexible. Senang hati sikit fikir nak plan untuk dapat anak lagi ke.

Harap-harap dapat kerja tu. Kene re-apply macam last year (argh bosannya) with referees as well. Mana lah aku nak cari referee. So far my jobs have not involved meeting a lot of consultants.

4 comments:

haundem said...

does the colour skin affect putting the cannulas/needles? in terms of nmpk vein ke x

famyGirl said...

I dah cukup seriau tgk nurses attempt to put cannulas/needles in me :P what more in budak2. Dulu2 when Sofea and Aidiin were hospitalized masa diorg kecik2, I cried watching them cry bila nurses try nak cari vein to cucuk. Tgk the Paediatrician buat nampak senang je (nurses pun kena 'sound' haha).

p/s: semoga Layth cepat dpt adik :)

Zidni said...

at least bleh claim aa... hey, i was a shrink once. heheh

أم الليث said...

masyitah- not really. we do it by touch, not sight.

famy- some people are just hard to cannulate. takleh nak kata nurse tu tak pandai. maybe at that moment, veins semua collapsed. or kebetulan masa paed tu buat, the room was warm or whatnot. banyak variables.

zidni- hahaha. beriya je. jadi resident bknnya buatpe pun..paperwork memanjang!