My current job is quite mundane. That's why there's not many updates. I work in the afternoon so my duties mostly include following off the jobs the morning intern didn't get to finish (or didn't like doing).
Sometimes one of the morning interns doesn't even handover to me at all and prefers to stay until late (same as me padahal shift dia can start from 6.30am!) to do her work herself instead of just passing it on to me. Orang takde keluarga beginilah. Life is work work is life. Compared to me; once the clock hand hits the end of my shift, I'm outta there!
My jobs include inserting drips, taking blood, filling in drug charts (left). The most I've ever charted was today - total of 25 medications for one person. That's a lot of stuff to be on!!
And since my afternoons are quite lengang, I even have time to chart the drugs nicely, neatly and properly. I even used the generic names instead of brand name of drugs (which is the right way but sometimes we don't bother to do this). Sampaikan nurse thought I didn't fill in all the patient's medications because she didn't recognise insulin glargine was Lantus. Hehehehehe.
Boring job indeed. But acceptable level of fatigue and less disruption to home life.
It's the weekend work I hate. Just two more times of the horrible 14 hour shift.
I am looking forward to my next pay check. 14 hours on a public holiday (last Saturday) - that's gonna be pretty lumayan!

1 comment:
hehe. using staring at the paycheck tactic again.
Post a Comment