Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Pals at work

I probably have not mentioned this but my hospital has a looooooot (majority kot) of foreign doctors (foreign as in bukan mat saleh la kan). Top 2 regions would be India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka and MALAYSIA. Hee hee. There are a few from Russia.

Kalau with docs from Malaysia, we just speak BM with each other. Easier.

Currently in my rotation, 6 out of 7 of us are Malaysians, 5 Malays.

When I go to work in the afternoon, I get handover from my hubby, Masdi (my classmate in KMB dulu) and Sahira (indian malaysian). I work my afternoon shift with Azhar (Fida's husband) - we converse in Malay all the time. At the end of my shift I handover to the night intern which is Faiz (Mar's husband). Memang cakap BM aje la even when handover-ing. Hehehe

Definition of handover- when changing shifts, we brief the other person about the patient(s) and what's going on, what needs to be done, any acute issues, any pending issues etc.

4 comments:

zan said...

senanglaa nak ngomel pasal nurse or patients sekali hehehe :)

may i ask something personal, what is the starting salary for fresh grad kat sana? does it really vary according to one's field and how much is the tax? bagi ball park figure pun ok, i'm comparing with UK and US grads.

Zidni said...

chewah. australia is indeed thin of local professionals.

Lollies said...

mat salleh local tak ramai ambik medic ke?

أم الليث said...

zan- haha mmg senang nak ngumpat. tp kene careful jugak sbb nurses pun ramai malaysians!!!!

nanti i email u abt the salary okeh

zidni& lollies- no, ramai aje mat saleh amik medic it's just that derang tak suka dtg hospital nih.

hospital ni regional aje (mcm muar vs JB la)...so takde sape nak gi. last2 derang kene ambik foreign doctors la. skrg ni pun shortage of doctors despite ramai foreign docs. kerja bnyk, doc tak cukup tp overtime derang tak byr.