Monday, 19 April 2010

Roster error

According to the original roster I was supposed to work last 2 Sundays (the day we went out to the farm). But 2 days before that the secretary told me I didn't have to go to work on that day because someone else was on. Okay good I'm happy.

Then on Monday I was called because apparently I was actually supposed to turn up for work on that Sunday. It was the secretary's fault of course but who bears the guilt? Me la, of course. Undeservedly.

No one came on that Sunday to  look after the gen surg patients.
At first I thought hmm takpe la..Sunday je..takpe kot..besides not my fault. I was told I didn't have to come. And if no one turned up why didn't the hospital find someone else to replace?

But as I went through the week I read/heard the effect of the roster error on Sunday.
1. The surg specialty resident had to deal with the gen surg patients much to his extreme wrath
2. The registrar was heard to be extremely angry having waited 1 hour and no intern came
3. The nurses notes showed that when a patient developed high BP and other things, they paged my number and of course no one answered.

Gee I hope no one cursed me. It was not my fault.

No comments: