Monday, 12 April 2010

Hammer to my head

It's amazing how much paper stuff comes through the mail. And since starting work we kept every receipt because people said we could claim GST when doing our tax returns.

As a result, I am buried in papers.

Just finished shredding some redundant ones. (A shredder is a very important equipment to have at home in this age of identity theft and spamming and ruthless & intrusive advertising).

Next: Stick a "NO JUNK MAIL" sign on my post box. I get flyers and catalogues every 2nd day. What clutter!! Once a week is acceptable...but every 2 days? C'mon lah.

I also got some wake up calls. Some of my Guild friends didn't pass the recent exam but were given a second chance to continue on. Me cuak betul. This educational opportunity is not one to treat lightly. As usual we mankind only appreciate something once it's gone (or nearly gone).

I hope I'll be a better student of 'ilm. I have to be more diligent and more focused. Sometimes I don't pay attention because I already know about a certain thing. I should emulate hubby - he not only studies the lectures, he does extra reading from other books and listens to lectures from other lecturers about the same topic too. Cumanya I am not that rajin lah. InshaAllah nak buat resolution la gini.

Aliya's Resolutions:
1. Dedicate Layth-free, distraction-free time for the lectures. Not just listening to it while doing something else. If this means staying up or waking up early, then so be it! *cubit Aliya* (Oh boleh guna time Layth gi kinder :D)

2. To keep up to date with the lectures. Lecture 1 in Week 1. Not Lectures 1-3 in Week 3.

3. To make good notes. So good that if my friends borrow it they can pass the exam; not like last time :(

4. To memorise important things by heart. Step 1: Usul Thalaathah by heart. Sh Tariq said most if not all, scholars know that book by heart.

InshaAllah!

3 comments:

HO said...

haaa! ana pun siang tadi merungut sendiri. dalam beg tgn penuh dengan resit bas. setiap hari akan dpt 4 resit. so sminggu 20 resit! sebulan 100 resit! seeeeee! -_-" tapi, mmg tak boleh kalau xnak ambil resit sebab sekali sekala, nnt ada pegawai pengurusan tahan bas dan cek resit tu.. so kena simpan jugak sampai keluar bas~haih.

أم الليث said...

rimas kan. kene beli bekas nak letak!!!

nampaknya kene selalu kosongkan beg tangan (for me i do this bila beg dah penuh sgt ngan sampah sarap hiihihi!)

haundem said...

i used to do tht too! simpan semua resit konon2 bole claim tax relief hihi

i got lots of flyers and catalogues too, esply utk buat personal loans bcoz we are living in the area yg penghuninya bank-senang-nk-approve-loan haha