Hmm yes. What will I miss from this rotation which I have complained about so many times.
After lengthy thought and deliberation I have come up with a list.
I will miss:
1. The starry night sky when I walk back to the cottage at 1.30am. Never seen so many stars in the sky in my life. (I'm a city girl after all).
2. The occasional days when I am "single" (hubby and Layth at home in Frankston) and get to be a slob, not wash my dishes, not make the bed and eat or not eat depending on my level of sloth.
3. The conversations with the other doctors on a quiet late shift.
4. Maximised salary packaging! =D Less income tax means more take-home pay.
I will not miss:
1. Rasa macam terkencing dalam seluar while preparing to call Dr BM.
2. Misi-misi yang suka cakap benda lucah.
3. Menjahit luka-luka orang...mula-mula cam best.. tapi dah bosan.
4. Not being able to have lunch/dinner with my own family.
5. Freezing my butt off in the temporary accommodation. But then now it's nearing summer.
6. Kene justify/debate dengan lab technician and radiographer kenapa kita nak order bloods and imaging untuk patient after hours. Huk eleh. Ko tu technician je, bukannya specialist... nak debate2 plak. Dah dibayar untuk on-call tu, kerja je la.
As bad as this rotation was, I did learn a lot. I'm grateful for that.
I'm also grateful because unlike most of the unhappy people who work there, I am leaving.
Goodbye Warragul.
I never want to see you again.
No comments:
Post a Comment