Got to see my friend Wahyuna at the course on the weekend. She's working in Adelaide at the moment.
She & I have the same sentiments towards our careers. It's easy to talk to her. We want Pathology as our specialty field. Reason being we want something that requires minimal patient contact in the profession and in the training process.
There are lots of different areas in Pathology: anatomical pathology (organs, histology), genetics, forensic (autopsies, crime scenes), microbiology (germs), immunology (immune cells), biochemistry (body chemistry) and haematology (blood).
The ones that interest me the most are anatomical pathology, microbiology and... forensics might be a last option (the occasional need to testify in court is what puts me off it).
Now I am glad my research project involved lab work. Now I have RNA/DNA extraction, protein electrophoresis, Western blot in my resume at least.
After discussing it Wahyuna I think I have decided and now will concentrate efforts to finding more information about how to go into this field.
No comments:
Post a Comment