As usual at the end of every rotation, we get appraised for our work during the 10-week placement. Just to show you how much supervision we have (or lack of) I had trouble thinking who to get to write my assessment.
In 10 weeks, I have only worked on the same shift as the Emergency consultant at most 5 times. I've only worked with the hospital director on the same shift twice.
The other times were left to putter on my own (with the other residents). The only constant mentor (PGY5) figure I've had was....a locum!
5 times??! I was worried. How can you adequately assess someone's work over 5 sparse days?
Nevertheless, he said he was happy with my medicine. That I treat the patients well and the nurses have not complained about me. I suppose at the end of the day; that's all that really counts isn't it. Keep patients alive, happy and the nurses appeased.
Alhamdulillah, 4th rotation nearly over.
Just one more 10-week stint and...freedom.
2 comments:
yang 10 week stint tu kat mana pulak?
frankston emergency
Post a Comment