Thursday, 21 October 2010

Recall

I've decided not to write that letter of complaint after all.
There's no use complaining if it won't change anything and after today I know that it will not change.

At the morning meeting today I witnessed the infamous Dr BM criticise and use harsh language even to his own colleague, his equal in rank. If that's the case, then what is an intern apart from being another irritating speck on his windshield. He also had no qualms dressing down another intern in front of all of us even though that intern was Caucasian. Which makes me conclude that he is probably not racist; just a grumpy old man.

There are only 3 physicians in this hospital and all of them are old. There is no-one to replace them as yet because no-one wants to come and work here. Given the bad treatment all of us doctors have gone through, what would make any of us ever want to come back here. The only reason there are young doctors around this place is because the hospital holds the foreign doctors prisoners & borrows the rest of us Australian graduates from other bigger hospitals.

I heard through the employee grapevine that they might close down the hospital because they haven't achieved the required KPI for much-needed funding. Ironic. They need funding to increase resources to achieve the KPI, not the other way around.

In that case, I feel sorry for them. But it doesn't make me hate this place any less.

No comments: