Sunday, 31 October 2010

Career path

I have decided to become a pathologist.
Days come and go and each day merely affirms my sentiments towards seeing patients. Since I'm not into public health, medical statistics, medical administration...I feel like Pathology is something I would like. I do like laboratory work after all.

Since making that decision, I feel like I have a purpose now. Everything I do career-wise should now be geared to becoming a pathologist.

InshaAllah:

Next year I will take the Basic Pathology Exam (in April), that costs $540 to take, by the way. Then in 2012 I will try and apply to work in any of the accredited pathology laboratories near Melbourne.

6 comments:

erika said...

whow the exam is not expensive at all compared to other specialties... How long does it take to be a pathologist?

Anonymous said...

Tak yah deal with the living except family members err.. insurance, police..err.

The way you cerita all these while, you sounded like you're a good listener, you can diagnose from stories patients share...macam House.

Sure ke nak jadi pathologist ni? Tak nak jadi Diagnostician .. macam House. hihihi I miss House, can't you tell?

أم الليث said...

erika- that's exam no. 1. 3 altogether. but then it's a basic exam. even medical students can take it.

kak nina- tak yah deal with the living except your colleagues and the court once in a while. not even family members...GREAT!!!

hehe you do realise House is fiction kan? :p there is no such job as diagnostician..all doctors are diagnosticians basically.

dah lama tak de episode House ke? sini dah season ntah mana tapi yg house and cuddy in a relationship dah

أم الليث said...

erika- sorry missed the 2nd question.
pathology entry starts 2nd year postgrad. it's 4 years. so total of 5 years minimum from graduation :D

Anonymous said...

eheheh Cuddy created the Diagnostic Department for House. Nak justify his existence in hospital budget.

House-Cuddy relationship?! season lama ke tuh? House delusional sebenarnya. He end up masuk Psychiatric Ward at the end of the season.

أم الليث said...

ooops
season 7 la yg tu hihihi