Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Little boy

Wearing Ummi's sunglasses
Layth is so entertaining at this age. Ha ha. The things he says and do...they're just hilarious. And he loves to help me around the house.

I just bought a handheld vacuum to vacuum the dust mine which is our temporary accommodation. He loves helping me vacuum. He does it himself and goes around the whole house. But if I want to use it, he'll go "Ummi, no. Nanti bateri habis". Ceh. Hogging the vacuum. He even knows how to put it back in its charger bed.

He loves baking. He knows how to break an egg...seriously! Maybe I could teach him how to separate egg yolks woo hoo. The other day he helped me cook fried eggs. He'd break the eggs into a cup. Then I pour the egg into the frying pan. Of course, the yolks were broken but he was so proud.

Fireman Layth
The funny thing though he doesn't want to put on his own clothes. Maybe that's my fault. If I let him do it on his own, it takes forever. He'd just run around nekkid and then get distracted with a toy or something else. So to be quicker I just dress him myself. I let him pick his own outfit sometimes. He likes his Batman t-shirt.

He's showing interest in the written word now. Previously he'd just look at the pictures in books. Now he looks at the words and pretends to read them while pointing to the words. He can type better than he can write (ha ha like his Ummi). I let him loose on the word processor sometimes. He's also practising how to draw shapes and different lines like squiggly lines and zigzag. That will help him to write later on. He still has trouble holding the pen properly. Plus he prefers his left hand to his right. I'm not fussed except during eating.

He also loves gardening. We are growing eggplant and cabbage seedlings at the moment. He likes to water them. "Kesian, pokok nak minum air jugak" he would say.

With one of the many flowers in our backyard

5 comments:

zan said...

ohh pandainya pecahkan telur :) they are really funny at this age don't they..i call aidan kay poh sebab mmg semua dia nak ambik tahu, mak nenek betul!! heheh..

Lollies said...

layth boleh tak layth datang sini vacuum rumah auntie?

Unknown said...

afifah tak boleh vacuum, she soooo scared...kalau pasang vacuum, kadang2 sampai nangis2...ish ish...

but she love to help me lipat baju.

"abi ipat aju eh?, pipah tolom eh?"
(abi lipat baju eh? pipah tolong eh?)

huda~** said...

so cuteee layth.. (^o^)"
dah boleh tolong umi byk bende.. x pe, persediaan tu nak dapat adik baru. haha ;p

أم الليث said...

zan- aidan lagi la kan sbb dia bnyk belajar dari abang dia jugak

lollies- ha ha exploitation *uhuk

zakri- layth dulu pun nangis gak bila vacuum pasang hehe.
rajinnya lipat baju

huda- entah mana datang adik plak
kalau xde adik, tak yah ke belajar tolong mak