Alhamdulillah just got back from 2 days in the city attending the 3rd Al-Kauthar course this year: "Mark of a Jurist". The subject was Qawa'idul Fiqh (rules of Fiqh). Basically a set of rules derived from the Quran & Sunnah by scholars to make understanding Fiqh a lot easier. This is also the starting point of the process of making a fatwa. Not that we're expected to make fatwa but for use in our own lives and to understand how much effort it takes to make a fatwa and how scholars make a fatwa in a certain way.
Layth also attended hehehe. I made lots of du'a the day before. He sat next to me in the lecture theatre (at the back, of course). Alhamdulillah he was extremely well behaved for a usually active 3.5 year old boy. He read books, watched Dora the Explorer DVD, drew on some paper, played games on my iPhone, had quiet pretend play and conversations. If he exclaimed a bit loud while watching Dora, he'd lower his voice when I said "shhhh". The lecture was from morning until 7.30pm on both days. I thought it was miraculous that he was not that fussy.
It was exhausting though looking after him while trying to concentrate. Had to bring him for toilet breaks, fetch him some water, milk, biscuits, juice (from the refreshment bench outside the lecture hall), change his DVD, hold up his earphones, prevent him from smearing melted chocolate on the lecture seats or dropping too many crumbs, wipe his face, wipe the milk spilt on the carpet and bring him out of the lecture hall when he wanted to run around the foyer. All the while trying to listen and jot down notes. During the lunch break hubby brought him to the park and let him expend his energy there! Hehehe.
On the 2nd day (today), during recess a lot of sisters came up to me and said MashaAllah "how well behaved Layth is", "very quiet and good mannered", "didn't make any noise at all", "I wish my son would be as quiet as him", "he's better than most kids" type of comments. Ameen..thanks for the du'a.
But I don't think I'll be able to do this again! Hahaha. I'm exhausted.
I'll share some things from the course soon InshaAllah.
No comments:
Post a Comment