Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Computer generation

I think I have impressed most people at work by my computer skills. They have started calling me "computer whiz" and keep asking me for advice.

I find this quite amusing because as far as computers goes I am totally clueless. My sister and brother would know!

What they are impressed with is my ability to type really really fast, even without looking at the keyboard. I know how to print letters onto papers with letterheads without going off margin. I even type my admission notes in the special form instead of writing them by hand. They are amazed that I can get print the words/paragraph exactly inside the boxes e.g. box for history, medications without them printing the wrong way.


They think I'm so "terror" la with computers. Basically all it is is using Microsoft Word to your advantage. Growing up with computers; I type faster than I handwrite so I prefer to type. The truth is that I am too lazy to write; typing is faster. Besides, if I type the admission notes and save them, when the time comes to write the discharge summary I just COPY and PASTE! Heaven!

With computer programs, sometimes you just need to experiment. Like we have a managing platform/system (iPM) where patients are key-ed in, admitted into the system. I don't know how describe it because I don't know the technical terms. Anyway, usually only the ward clerk knows how to use this program so if we want things done we have to wait for the ward clerk to get around doing it.

But because I can't be bothered to wait around if I need something (e.g print patient labels, change their bed numbers, admit the patients) on the computer...I have even learnt how to use this program. Hahah! Ye la, if she doesn't admit the patients on the computer, I can't do the online drug chart...leceh!!

Thus, my ward clerk (Sue) is totally impressed with me too. And she loves me so much because she thinks I don't think doing clerk work is beneath me due to my status as a doctor. I don't mind doing the clerk's job if it means I can do my own work faster (instead of waiting for her). But I draw the line at answering phones. I TOTALLY LOATHE, ABHOR, HATE, DISLIKE answering the phone.

This deserves another entry.

3 comments:

Lollies said...

Hahaha. My lover thinks i am so terer also ehile on the other hand i rasa ada heart attack tengok dia operate some comp application.

Tapi in my office dulu tak boleh tipu. Soma terer gila.
Such that bila secretaries are called to put data, we had to tell her to leave sbb we were faster.

Btw you are right, if we xan do the work buat ajele lagi laju

nhhas said...

salam...
hahahaha...comel juga ya... ingat kan maju sangat.taip laju pun dah impres habis..kahkahkah...
btw...mmg comel...

Ummu Auni said...

cute!
akak pula MS Excel. orang ingat akak terror sangat, padahal a lot of stuffs to be used in excel i look up in the net first, kuikui