Sunday, 25 July 2010

Rehab an option?

I am kinda enjoying myself in Rehab at the moment actually. I prefer the work pace. It's fast enough to keep you on your toes but not too fast that you do things on autopilot without thinking.

During the ward round, the consultants really teach. I learn a lot just from the ward round. And now that I'm more comfortable with the consultants, I can just ask them questions about why they do things a certain way.

There is more time to do our work carefully so there are less medication errors. We can think about our treatment options. I can even google it up and read up on it. If you don't finish some work today, you can do it the next day. There is no immediate sense of urgency. I hate that. It makes me panic.

Oh, and no cannulation or blood taking unless it's an emergency. Which is rare. Hehe. I've only done 2 cannulations and 1 venepuncture in the past 7 weeks.

And we only see patients when they first arrive, once a week during ward round and if they have any immediate problems. I like it that way. The less you see them, the more you can see how much they've improved. It's like when you think your son isn't that tall, but other people who haven't seen him that often think he's so tall. Like that lar.

I really like my consultants and registrar. Sangat sayang mereka. Feel like hugging them. They are so nice. :D

No comments: