Since knowing that Layth's Monash kinder is closing down for good, my head has been spinning about which kinder Layth should go to next year. He's not eligible for the government funded 4 year old kinder (because of his age) and the due date for that was last April anyway.
I went through a list of kindergartens around the area. Most of them I crossed off due to location. Most were out of the way, some required going through Frankston town (nightmare traffic!). In the end, there were only 4 kinders shortlisted. Gulp.
The first 2 did not have any vacancies or only accepted children allocated by the city council.
The third one had vacancies (phew) so I went and visited it. The building looked old and the interior was dark..the staff looked sleepy and not energetic/unsmiling. The director looked like she didn't bother to brush her hair that morning. It didn't seem very child safe (stairs to the entrance & no security door/fence). The fees were cheap though.
I decided to settle for it and went home to fill the enrolment form. But I started to have second thoughts. It was less than satisfactory after all. Huhu. I wouldn't mind spending more to have better quality facilities.
I knew it was a long shot but the next kinder on my list was a famous franchise kinder so was unlikely to have vacant spots. I gave it a go anyway. Called them up and they say they have vacancies! Alhamdulillah.
Visited the centre with Layth today. It was awesome!! The interior was well lit with natural light, decorated with colourful things, had nice selection of toys, the staff wore brightly coloured shirts and were friendly and exuberant. Each age range had their own playground area.
So, InshaAllah Layth will be going to that kinder next year. We still have to be on a waiting list but the director told me that they will try to accommodate all the families affected from Monash kinder closing down.
I breathed a sigh of relief. Nothing's confirmed yet but at least we have a clear picture about what we're going to do next year bi iznillah.
2 comments:
alhamdulillah!! legakan :) same here, been looking up for a kindy that can suit my expectation. i think layth will easily adapt to that new kindy since I heard lots of + things from your fb and blog...hopefully it will be smooth transition :)
hopefully inshaAllah
tp masih kat waiting list at the moment though i'm hopeful heheh
Post a Comment