Friday, 30 October 2009

SWot

Okay, I need to do a ?SWOT analysis on exercise so I can address the lack of motivation.

What's good about exercise for me:
1. Reduce amount of body fat
2. Reduce weight to normal range
3. Reduce blood cholesterol levels
4. Reverse my fatty liver
5. Prevent osteoporosis (I have vit D deficiency)
6. Reduce my back pain and joint pains
7. Increase my energy levels and stamina
8. Reduce laziness

What's bad about exercise for me:
1. It gives me a headache and I feel sick afterwards
2. Makes me feel tired and can't be bothered to do anything else
3. I hate sweating
4. After a while it gets boring
5. I have to spend money to do it: e.g. swimming pool admission fee, buy a treadmill/bike, join a gym, buy proper sneakers (I have $10 ones and they're rubbish), get a Wii fit, buy an exercise DVD
6. I have to allocate a special time to do it 3 times a week..argh.

Opportunities
1. I already have an exercise DVD
2. The swimming pool is close to my house
3. I already know I need to exercise
4. Daylights savings - sunrise at 6am. Ideally can wake up early to run/jog safely.

Threats
1. Money money money, not enough of it; I need new running shoes
2. Exam fever - everything else seems to be on hold until these are over..frustrating!~
3. Too many other things that have to be done but aren't done yet
4. Extreme laziness; already spent the whole day tiring myself...exercise will just tire me more

Suggestion (from hubby):
BUY Wii FIT!

Pros: Lots of variety and games, fun, can be done indoors and barefoot, can involve everyone so less boring

Cons: EXPENSIVE!, would need to buy another tv coz our tv is the smallest ever on the market

No comments: