Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Overwhelmed

A bit overwhelmed at the moment being sick and not in the best state of mind. My mind is all jumbled up and congested just like my nose and chest.

On my plate:
1. GP placement - very demanding and exhausting. Hard to talk to patients if I keep getting a coughing fit everytime I talk more than 2 sentences. One of the patients told while I was printing out his MC "Maybe you should take a day off too". Hmm already took a day off on Monday.

2. Bulughul Maram (BM) - luckily I enjoy this a lot. I love Fiqh - probably my best subject. I got 87% for the last BM exam and 92% for Fiqh of Salah exam but a measly 65% for Aqidah! Maybe because Fiqh deals with facts but Aqidah deals with ideas, arguments and lots and lots of memorising dalils.

3. Usul Ath-Thalaathah & Qawaidul Arba'ah - Astaghfirullahalazeem but I am not enjoying the lessons at the moment. Maybe it is me, the sheikh or the subject but I lack motivation to study this. Please make du'a that I start working on the lessons.

4. Hafazan - Alhamdulillah finished Juz 29 with a few hitches here and there during Ramadhan. Don't want to be a perfectionist on this otherwise I'd never move onto the next Juz. Quite slow in this regard now coz I get coughing fits and shortness of breath when talking/reading Quran. Fortunately, have memorised most of the surahs in Juz 28 so I need to just revise them. Surahs new to me are: Al-Mumtahanah, Al-Munafiqun and At-Taghabun and At-Tahrim. I'm really noticing a decrease in my memory strength these days. Harder to memorise anything in general. Needs more effort and perhaps less laghw.

5. Studying for exams - I wrote a list of learning objectives.. it is 10 pages long. So the real list might actually be longer than this. Exhausting! Luckily ada study group once a week. Hopefully it will help a lot.

6. Weight and health issues - I am so overeating now. Hungry cam apa. My double chin and bulge is more pronounced now. I don't feel "perked up". My lumbar lordosis is nearly gone now - that bad is my posture. i know that I REALLY need to exercise. REALLY REALLY. Tapi malaaaaaaaaaaaasnye ya Allah. Ada je excuse.

7. Visa, employment, relocation issues - even with tight reins on money now -look I didn't even feel like buying any medicines for myself because tak cukup duit- there will still not be enough money for these 3 things.

Tough times. Alhamdulillah.

2 comments:

zan said...

No subsidised med for medical students over there ker? Take good care of yourself coz u need to care of Layth.
Time jadik student, mmg selalu tak cukup duit but bila fikir, masa kerja pun ada jugak yg short :P

أم الليث said...

hehehe international students are not treated that well
takpe la.. skit je lagi to go.

tp masa kerja ada ke tak cukup duit sampai fridge kosong?