I always wondered if doctors would remember every single patient that they had seen. Now I have the answer. Nearly all; if I was involved enough in their care or if they had a significant impact to me. I would recognise them on the streets even if I didn't remember their names or what condition they had.
That is why I'm quite glad I'll be moving to another suburb far away next year. Because I do not like bumping into my patients at the supermarket as I do now! Especially now coz they know me as well. Before this GP placement, I'm pretty sure NONE of the patients I've seen would remember or recognise me. But because of this GP placement, they remember and recognise me because I was the one who talked to them and gave them advice bla bla bla.
I personally don't like to bump into anyone I know when I'm out doing my shopping or personal errands. Entah la..malas seh.
So a tip for me: Kalau nak bukak clinic nanti, don't open a clinic in the neighbourhood where you live.
2 comments:
My uncle open a clinic at Langkawi and it seems everyone knows him. There was one incident where my aunt borrowed his car and the police literally pulled the car over and ask, "Why are you driving this doctors car?" (In his mind probably imagining my aunt stealing it!)
hahahah that's so funny. but kesian la your aunt kahkah.
Post a Comment