Semester 9 was the most important semester for marks. The marks counted towards internship marks. Unfortunately for me, I didn't do too well in this semester. Lowest grade (3rd class) in my exams for the whole course. Lots of factors caused this.
With Amirah here, we went all sorts of places; even Canberra (because I had to renew my passport so sambil2 tu gi jalan lerr apa lagi).
The second part of the year was my Paeds and O&G semester. I enjoyed it a lot. Because I did my research year in O&G I banyak ponteng jugak O&G time tuh. At the time, we didn't have a babysitter so hubby and I took turns to look after Layth at home. Once I even brought Layth to a PBL.. he was very disruptive! Hehehe. Alhamdulillah I did not catch rotavirus (diarrhoea) during my Paeds term which they said everyone would get.
My friend Wahyuna moved into our house around this time. She rented our front room. We needed the money so we rented out the room.
The last part of the year I spent doing my elective placement. I did my elective in a community health centre (essentially a GP la jugak except it was for underprivileged people). 2.5 days a week for 4 weeks haha. Ngelat. Well, sape suh Melbourne Uni curi vacation time orang???
My mother, nenek, Aimi and Aida came to visit. We went to Philip Island, Ballarat, Geelong, Dandenong and more! Unfortunately I've lost all the photos of the time period! Sedih!! :((
Year 6 2009
Final year of medicine!
My rotation was the most boring ever: Psychiatry, Geriatrics and rural. I didn't enjoy it that much. I had a fall and hurt my back in the beginning of the year so I spent most of Psychiatry on strong pain medications. Not very nice.
I only went 1 day a week for Geriatrics and had so much time off that I started a small business making and selling children's hijabs and abayas.
I spent nearly $700 for my rural placement because:
- I brought Layth and my sis-in-law to Dookie so I had to pay for different accommodation.
- Travelling to & fro Dookie
- My car broke down before going to Ballarat so I rented a car to go to Ballarat
- I went home every 2-3 days by train from Ballarat because it was the first time I had ever left Layth overnight. Rindu ma.
I hated this semester and was so glad when it was over.
Because Wahyuna had moved out, we had to find other people to rent out the room. We had two converts living with us (now only one). Interesting experience.
Layth's firsts:
- ate rambutan and durian
- mandi air tempayan!
- naik KTM train
- kena gigit nyamuk
- naik speedboat (we went to Pulau Perhentian)
- main electronic train set
- tidur hotel
- makan ABC
- watch Disney channel on Astro hehehe
Final story to be concluded...
No comments:
Post a Comment