Today we had a farewell party for the girls in my batch from KMB and their families. We had planned this party since 2 months ago! But we didn't know until a few days ago that it was forecasted to rain today! Panicked but then decided to just tawakkal and go on with the plan. Hujan pun hujan la... qadar Allah.The original venue was supposed to be the Werribee Mansion gardens. But when we got there... , we saw roofed picnic areas outside the mansion gardens. Plan B: Hold the party there instead!
Alhamdulillah things actually turned out better than we even planned. We had a nice place for our party and protected from the rain, there were more than enough picnic tables and best of all, it was freeeeeeee. (Mansion gardens warranted an admission fee).
Albi & Sue did a great job for deco. Everything looked beautiful and professional. Clearly their battle with the sewing machine and flower vases and napkins the night before and labouring until 10pm at my house paid off and soothed even Albi's perfectionism. The theme was red so everyone wore something red (except Albi coz she thought no one would follow the dress code hahaha!! And hubby because he didn't want to be a conformist..cewah!)
There was more than enough food that we could even tapau. :p We had sushi, salmon quiche, lasagna, chicken pie, cous cous salad, fried rice, popiah, honey roasted carrots, puding jagung, jellies, fruits, snacks and cupcakes!


Then all of us had to give a speech.. Oh my God I bawled my eyes out much to my extreme mortification. It was an impromptu speech and I just wanted to thank everyone for their support but bringing back the memories was too much and I realised how much everyone has helped me that I am finally at the end of my degree even though I had felt like quitting a lot of times!! And then I cried... sungguh la tak maluuuuuuu. I am still cringing at the thought that it might forever be captured on candid camera... huhuhu T_T
It was a nice day despite the dismal weather but the company made it awesome. Even Layth entertained himself most of the time digging dirt and climbing stuff. I was exhausted at the end of it. Didn't get much sleep last night because it was hot. And had to wake up early to heat up the lasagna and chicken pies! And I did the driving too. Balik rumah je tidur for 4 hours. Now I feel refreshed and happy and the post-exam crankiness has now gone.

Had a great time today... second last time all of us will be together at the same place. I will sorely miss everyone and our adventures together in Melbourne.
Melbourne Girls 2004-2009
No comments:
Post a Comment