Thursday, 19 November 2009

Finished!

I have finished my last exam. Finally!!!

Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I was too anxious. I was having visions of failing and having to repeat the course - what a nightmare.

Then in the middle of the night, Layth woke up and had a horrible nose bleed - flowing and dripping blood from both nostrils onto his body, me, the towel and the bed! He was crying because he was so scared and kept saying "dawah dawah!". Crying obviously made the blood keep on flowing. It took a long (well, it seemed long) time to clot up partly because he was crying and partly because he didn't let me pinch his nose. What more it was both nostrils so it meant pinching the nose shut. I felt like we needed to go to the hospital or something. But then it settled down and we cleaned him up and he went back to sleep. The air was extremely dry last night (and this morning).. maybe we should get a humidifier plak!

In the morning, I slept in a little because I was too sleepy during Fajr prayer. Ya Allah. Then I got ready and hubby made me the "last unhealthy breakfast" of chips, fried egg and baked beans. (I told him lepas exam baru nak start eating healthy stuff).

The train ride and walk to the hospital was scorching! I was sweating my armpits off by the time I got there. Phew.

Alhamdulillah I got a very simple case of non healing ulcer query osteomyelitis. The man was so healthy.. no diabetes, no hypertension, not even high cholesterol. Not much to talk about there!

Furthermore the examiners were extremely nice and they even both said "good" at the end of my presentation. I felt soooooo relieved!!!!! InshaAllah hopefully I'll pass - I can't go through this ordeal any longer... I am so relieved it is over Allahu akbar!

When I got home I was extremely exhausted: physically (walking in the heat and not enough sleep!) and mentally (being anxious for the past 5 days!! argh).

I have made it to the end. Praise be to Allah for allowing me to finish this 8 year long marathon.

No comments: