Sunday, 20 September 2009

Wallet!

For this whole week I didn't bring a bag to the hospital. Because if I bring a bag, it means I need to stash it somewhere i.e. the creepy lockers in the basement where it looks like a good place to dump a dead body. And because I've only been going from 7.30 and going home at 11am, I thought bringing a bag would be more hassle.

So, I only brought my tram ticket and concession card, house keys, mobile phone and hospital ID in my pockets. (I recently had a few mini jubahs made with deep front pockets - heaven!!).

Anyhoo, today I lost my monthly tram ticket at the hospital. Sangat menyedihkan. There was still $28 worth on that ticket. Takpelah, takde rezeki.

But! Now the predicament. How am I supposed to get home. No ticket. And no money to buy another ticket. And no ATM card to get some money. Thankfully my friend offered me his 2 hour- tram ticket. Nasib baik.

When I got on the tram, the ticket didn't work! It didn't want to validate itself. Oh no. Takmo la kene saman huu. I had to get down at the next stop. I threw the ticket into the trash can and called Amirah so that maybe she can drive and pick me up.

But her phone was switched off!! Thought of taking the taxi. But that would cost $20++..and since I am a cheapskate, that was the very last resort.

Called hubby. He said he'll only be going home in 2 hours' time. Alamak. Cenne nih. And I wasn't wearing a coat so it was pretty freezing standing out there like that. I tried to walk back to the hospital to see if I could borrow a few coins from my friend. When I called him, he'd already gone home! Aiseh man. He said why don't I just use the ticket and if the ticket inspector tanya kenapa tak validate..well just say the machine doesn't work.

Haah ek. Why didn't I think of that. So I walked back to the tram stop...and... korek tong sampah to find the ticket. Ada makcik kat situ tengok semacam je.

When I got on the tram, I tried to validate the ticket and ALHAMDULILLAH, it validated and I got home safely. Hee hee.

Lesson: Please bring your wallet next time. And don't throw away faulty tickets!

No comments: